One Day Arnhemland Sightseeing Day Tour (ex Jabiru)
- Duration: 14 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Darwin, NT
- Product code: JAB Sight
- Saturday July 1 to Saturday August 12, 2017 - departs Monday to Saturday
Our full day sightseeing tour into Arnhem Land offers guests an opportunity to visit Aboriginal lands, see magnificent ancient rock art, visit a stunning billabong, see local bird and wildlife and meet local Aboriginal artists at Injalak Arts and Craft Centre, Oenpelli (Gunbalanya).
- Departs Darwin at 5.15 am
- Stop at Coroborree Park Taver on route
- Any pick ups at Aurora Kakadu, South Alligator at 7.50 am
- Pick up from Jabiru Accommodation at 8.30 am
Although the surfaces may be uneven, guests will have no trouble reaching any of the sites. This tour does not include walking up Injalak Hill.
We begin the tour with pick-ups in Darwin and Jabiru, then travel 30 minutes through World heritage listed Kakadu National Park. We bid Kakadu farewell at Cahills Crossing when we drive across the causeway of the East Alligator River and enter Arnhem Land. Cahills Crossing is a great place to spot crocodiles sunning themselves on the banks or in the water waiting to catch a barramundi.
With special permission from the local Aboriginal people, we visit several sites in Minkinj Valley with its towering escarpment to view unusual rock art, stop at Red Lily Billabong and spend time at Injalak Arts and Craft Centre. Here we meet local Aboriginal artists, the men painting with fine brushes and the women weaving colourful and intricate baskets.
At Red Lily Billabong we stop to see a field of lotus lily in bloom, we may also catch a glimpse of dancing brolga, an occasional crocodile and other local wildlife. This is an amazing day tour into Arnhem Land and an experience only available to a select few.
We take small groups of up to 17 guests in an air-conditioned vehicle on this full day adventure in Arnhem land. Visitors experience a fascinating mixture of traditional and living culture.Mystical Arnhem Land sightseeing day tour inclusions
- Arnhem Land entry permits and royalties to enter Aboriginal lands
- Full day tour from Darwin
- Darwin city hotel pick up and drop off
- Visit to Injalak Arts and Craft Centre
- Visit Red Lily Billabong and Minkinj Valley art sites
- Lunch (vegetarians and Coeliacs catered for with at least 24 hours notice)
- Tea and coffee and afternoon tea
- Sturdy walking shoes (runners or reef-type walking sandals) – flip flops/thongs are not suitable
- At least 1 litre of bottled water (iced water is available in the vehicle)
- Sunscreen and a hat is essential
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Medications and other personal requirementsBinoculars
- Money or credit card if you wish to purchase any artwork or items at the Injalak Arts and Crafts Centre
- A sense of adventure!